About Me

My photo
So many things have happened in life that have changed the course and destiny of my future. The good news is that I know Who holds my future, and I am trusting Him to make all things new. I was married for 25 years to the father of my children, and never imagined myself just another "statistic." I could get bitter and allow it to consume me, but I have chosen to let God heal me through the gifts He gives me everday...the gifts of special people in my life who move me, motivate me, love me, care for me enough to tell me when I need to pick myself up...I am truly blessed beyond measure!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Calling

As I sat in my office listening to Pandora on my computer, Chris Tomlin came on singing "Made To Worship."  I paused my work for a moment and flipped my screen to the Pandora site.  I brought up the lyrics to this upbeat, energizing song.  It was at that moment, that I think I fully realized my calling.  Oh sure...I know my calling, But let me tell you, my friend, there is a very big difference between knowing something and realizing it.  I know that with which God has gifted me, I know my talents and my abilities.  But those things only lead to my true calling...my destiny. What I realized as I sat there listening and reading the lyrics is that when I was called to do is so simple, that if I just do those few things, the "calling" will be beyond my wildest imagination!  All I have to do is worship, love, live in forgiveness and freedom, surrender and believe...are you serious??

I was made to worship, I am called to love, I am forgiven and free, I embrace surrender, I choose to believe.  In the midst of all of that, I see who I was meant to be; I see my calling; I find my destiny. The hard part of all of that is I get so bogged down in the day-to-day stresses, activities and burdens that it's so easy to forget my calling and my destiny.  It's so easy for me to feel insignificant, lost, lonely, burdened, grieved in my spirit and worried. It isn't easy to worship when life weighs you down; it isn't easy to love those who have hurt you, rejected you, betrayed you; it isn't easy to forgive the trespasses of others and live in true freedom; it isn't easy to surrender - our flesh sometimes fights that; and it isn't always easy to believe when the situation looks unbelievable, beyond repair and our faith is weak.

When I started this blog, I felt God calling me to share with others what He shows me on a daily basis. I believe He has given me an outlet to share my story with others to encourage them to stay the course.  I've gotten so many kudos, thoughts, encouragement, testimonies...and I am abundantly blessed to have that and so thankful - but the reality is that when what I write helps others, it helps me even more.  THAT is my calling...to be a witness and a light to others, to share the story of God's grace and mercy, to worship Him in spirit and in truth, to love others, to believe in the cause of His kingdom. 

I had to take a few minutes and blog my thoughts on this one! Work can just wait for a few minutes...when you get a true revelation what your calling is, what you are destined for, you will have to just stop and give it your full attention - precisely what I have done today.  I am so thankful for those moments I have with Him when my spirit and my mind can just be still and listen...makes a world of difference!

**Father, thank you for the ability to hear your voice, 
and the willingness to listen and heed.  
Even in the simplest of ways sometimes, you show
your wisdom, your grace and your mercy.  
You show your love for your people...I'm so thankful
that you choose to speak to us.
I pray that whoever reads this blog will be open to realize
the calling and destiny you have placed on their lives.
Help them to understand YOUR purpose for them.  
Help me to stay focused on the calling and purpose
that you, and only you, have designed for my life.
Help me to encourage others to do the same;
Help me to be a light in someone's dark world.
In Jesus' Name - Amen**

1 comment:

  1. you're in reality a good webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a fantastic task on this subject!
    ACDelco 24232336 Control Valve Assembly With Body And Valve, Remanufactured

    ReplyDelete